Painsley: Broken Leg Business is a 2019 American computer animated comedy drama film directed and written by Ang Lee, co-directed by Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan, produced by David Ellison and Dana Goldberg and co-written by Matt Lieberman and Pamela Pettler. It stars the voice of Dakota Johnson. It serves as a PG-13 rated sequel to Painsley (2016) and the second film in the Painsley film series.
Distributed by Paramount Pictures in the US, Toho in Japan and Universal Pictures in international markets and produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Bron Creative, Skydance Media, Rough Draft Studios and Nitrogen Studios, the film released on October 11, 2019.
A sequel, Painsley: Dreamland of Fantasy, releases on June 25, 2021.
Rough Draft Studios
Paramount Pictures (United States)
Universal Pictures (International)
October 11, 2019
- Dakota Johnson as Ainsley Bortz
- Amanda Seyfried as Jamie Bortz
- Dakota Johnson as Oliveslinger and Kate Bortz
- Regan Burns as Zachary Bortz
- Peyton List as Grace Bortz
- Laura Marano as Lexia Bortz
- Jonah Hill as Rocky Bortz
- Mary-Kate Olsen as Lizzy Bortz
- Ashley Olsen as Katie Bortz
The film was originally scheduled for release on October 18, 2019 but was moved up to a week earlier on October 11 so that Paramount Pictures and Skydance Media would release it with Gemini Man and that Toho, Universal Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Bron Creative and Nitrogen Studios would release it with The Addams Family.
The film is rated M for mature themes, coarse language and sex.
The film is rated 12A/12 for moderate sex and language.
The film is rated NC16 for a scene of intimacy.
The film is rated PG-13 for thematic elements including injury images, some sexuality and brief strong language.
Office for Film, Newspaper and Article Administration ratingEdit
The film is rated IIA for mild shocking scenes, some sexuality and coarse language.
The film released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Paramount Home Media Distribution on January 14, 2020.
For the transcript, click here.
- Painsley: Broken Leg Business/Australian Classification Board (ACB)
- Painsley: Broken Leg Business/British Board of Film Classification (BBFC)
- Painsley: Broken Leg Business/Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- Painsley: Broken Leg Business/Office for Film, Newspaper and Article Administration
Painsley: Broken Leg Business at Fanon Wiki