Painsley: Broken Leg Business is a 2019 American computer animated comedy drama film directed and written by Ang Lee, Jon Lucas and Scott Moore, co-directed by Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan, produced by David Ellison and Dana Goldberg and co-written by Matt Lieberman and Pamela Pettler. It stars the voice of Dakota Johnson. It serves as a PG-13 rated sequel to Painsley (2016) and the second film in the Painsley film series.
Distributed by Lionsgate in the US, Toho in Japan and Paramount Pictures in international markets and produced by Paramount Animation, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Skydance Media, Rough Draft Studios, CBS Films, Nitrogen Studios, the film released on October 11, 2019.
A sequel, Painsley: Dreamland of Fantasy, released on November 25, 2020.
Details[edit | edit source]
Rough Draft Studios
Lionsgate (United States)
Paramount Pictures (International)
October 11, 2019
Voice cast[edit | edit source]
- Dakota Johnson as Ainsley Bortz
- Amanda Seyfried as Jamie Bortz
- Dakota Johnson as Oliveslinger and Kate Bortz
- Regan Burns as Zachary Bortz
- Peyton List as Grace Bortz
- Laura Marano as Lexia Bortz
- Jonah Hill as Rocky Bortz
- Mary-Kate Olsen as Lizzy Bortz
- Ashley Olsen as Katie Bortz
Release[edit | edit source]
The film was originally scheduled for release on October 18, 2019 so that Toho, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Nitrogen Studios would release it with The Addams Family, but was moved up to a week earlier on October 11 so that:
- Lionsgate and CBS Films would release it with Jexi.
- Toho, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Nitrogen Studios would release it with The Addams Family.
- Paramount Pictures and Skydance Media would release it with Gemini Man.
Certifications[edit | edit source]
ACB rating[edit | edit source]
The film is rated M for mature themes, coarse language and sex.
BBFC rating[edit | edit source]
The film is rated 12A/12 for moderate sex and language.
IMDA rating[edit | edit source]
The film is rated NC16 for a scene of intimacy.
MPAA rating[edit | edit source]
The film is rated PG-13 for thematic elements including injury images, some sexuality and brief strong language.
Office for Film, Newspaper and Article Administration rating[edit | edit source]
The film is rated IIA for mild shocking scenes, some sexuality and coarse language.
Home release[edit | edit source]
The film released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Lionsgate Home Entertainment on January 14, 2020.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
For the transcript, click here.
References[edit | edit source]
- Painsley: Broken Leg Business/Australian Classification Board (ACB)
- Painsley: Broken Leg Business/British Board of Film Classification (BBFC)
- Painsley: Broken Leg Business/Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- Painsley: Broken Leg Business/Office for Film, Newspaper and Article Administration
External Links[edit | edit source]
Painsley: Broken Leg Business at Fanon Wiki