Painsley is a 2016 American adult computer animated comedy drama film directed by Conrad Vernon, Greg Tiernan (in his directorial debut along with Sausage Party) and Timur Bekmambetov, produced and written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, co-produced by David and Megan Ellison and Dana Goldberg and co-written by Jonah Hill. It stars the voice of Dakota Johnson. It is the first film in the Painsley film series.
Distributed by Columbia Pictures in the US and Paramount Pictures in international markets and produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Skydance Media, Annapurna Pictures, Nitrogen Studios, LStar Capital and Point Grey Pictures, the film released on September 2, 2016.
A PG-13 rated sequel, Painsley: Broken Leg Business, released on October 11, 2019.
Point Grey Pictures
Columbia Pictures (United States)
Paramount Pictures (International)
September 2, 2016
- Dakota Johnson as Ainsley Bortz
- Dakota Johnson as Oliveslinger and Kate Bortz
- Regan Burns as Zachary Bortz
- Peyton List as Grace Bortz
- Laura Marano as Lexia Bortz
- Jonah Hill as Rocky Bortz
- Mary-Kate Olsen as Lizzy Bortz
- Ashley Olsen as Katie Bortz
The film was originally scheduled for release on August 12, 2016 so that Columbia Pictures, Annapurna Pictures, Nitrogen Studios and Point Grey Pictures would release it with Sausage Party and that Paramount Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer would release it with Ben-Hur, but was pushed back to three weeks later on September 2.
The film is rated MA15+ for coarse language.
The film is rated 15 for strong language.
The film is rated M18 for a sexual scene and some nudity.
The film is rated R for language, some sexual content and brief graphic nudity.
Office for Film, Newspaper and Article Administration ratingEdit
The film is rated IIB for strong language, mild shocking scenes and some sexuality and nudity.
The film released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on December 6, 2016.
For the transcript, click here.
- Painsley/Australian Classification Board (ACB)
- Painsley/British Board of Film Classification (BBFC)
- Painsley/Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- Painsley/Office for Film, Newspaper and Article Administration
Painsley at Fanon Wiki